1 lb of whole roasted almonds (unsalted)
1 8 oz jar of Fat Toad Farm Salted Bourbon Caramel (or your favorite flavor!)
1 Tablespoon of sea salt
Preheat oven to 325. In a medium bowl, use a spoon to mix a little over half of the jar of caramel (or 4 oz) in with the almonds until they are evenly covered. Sprinkle in the salt while mixing. Spread almonds evenly on parchment paper and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes. Watch closely so that the caramel gets crispy but does not burn. Let cool and remove from parchment paper. Serve as a delicious snack for the Super Bowl.
We are excited to announce that we have received a Good Food Award for our Vanilla Bean Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce! Made with 4 simple, all-natural ingredients ( Goat’s milk, pure cane sugar, baking soda and whole vanilla beans), our Vanilla Bean Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce is meticulously hand-stirred to velvety perfection over the course of 5 hours as the whole vanilla beans steep in the fresh, local goat’s milk sourced from Vermont Creamery. The winners of this year’s Good Food Awards rose to the top amongst 2,059 entries in a Blind Tasting. The highest scoring entries were submitted to a rigorous vetting process to verify they met specific criteria around sound agricultural practices, sourcing transparency and good animal husbandry. This year’s winners represent the forefront of American craft food, making products that are delicious, respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural traditions. We (Fat Toad Farm), also received a 2016 Good Food Award for our Original Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce.
Our Sweet Love gift box is the perfect way to share some decadent sweets with your favorite person no matter what the season. This gift box includes two 2oz jars of our goat’s milk caramel sauce (Vanilla Bean and Vermont Maple), eight heart-shaped chocolates from Lake Champlain Chocolates and one Sweet Love Valentine’s greeting card.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens 2012
Prep: 30 minutes Cool: 15 minutes
Chill: 2 hours Bake: 15 minutes
Stand: 10 minutes Oven: 375 F
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter
¾ cup semisweet chocolate pieces
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 8oz jar of Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel sauce
Coffee or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Generously butter eight 6 ounce ramekins or custard cups. For filling, over a double boiler (heat safe bowl over steaming water) combine 1 cup chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until mixture reaches a fudge-like consistency.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a double boiler combine ¾ cup chocolate pieces and ½ cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in flour and slightly cooled chocolate-butter mixture. Spoon enough batter into each ramekin to measure 1 inch in depth.
- Divide chilled filling into 8 portions. Working quickly, use your hands to roll each portion into a ball. Use your thumb to make a shallow indent. Place a ball of filling on top of the batter in each ramekin; do not allow filling to touch sides of ramekins. Spoon a tsp of caramel into indent. Spoon the remaining batter into ramekins, spreading over balls of filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from sides of ramekins. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Drizzle with Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel. If desired, serve with small scoops of ice cream. Makes 8 individual cakes.
Recipe: Apple Hand Pies With Goat’s Milk Caramel Dipping Sauce
Makes 12 hand pies
Recipe inspired by Sarah Yates of A House In the Hills – discovered via one of my all-time favorite blogs: A Cup of Joe
For the pie crust:
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/3 cup + 3 tbsp. ice water
For the filling:
1 1/2 cups of peeled, cored and chopped baking apples – we used Macintosh
1 tsp. flour
1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cardamon
1 tbsp. sugar
8oz Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce – we used our favorite Original Caramel
Sprinkle of Fleur de Sel to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl combine apples, flour, lemon juice, sugar and spices. Mix and set aside.
In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, combine flour, salt and sugar to start creating your pie crust. Add butter to food processor and pulse until the flour is mixed, when you squeeze the mixture it should stick together. Add 1-2 tablespoons more butter if needed. Add ice water and pulse until dough is sticky enough to form into a ball.
Remove dough and place on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to flatten to 1/4″ thickness. Be careful to not over-handle the dough, roll only as much as needed, in one direction, to flatten it. Use a 3.5″ biscuit cutter to create 12 circles. Roll each circle a several times to further flatten to about 1/8″.
Scoop a spoonful of apple mixture onto each dough circle, fold over and press edges with a fork to seal. Cut three small slices in the top of each hand pie. Place pies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden on the edges. Let cool before serving. Dip in goat’s milk caramel and sprinkle with a dash of Fleur de Sel finishing sale for a savory kick. Enjoy!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk (shaken)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
6 oz of your favorite Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel
Cakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat together butter and brown sugar in mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, then add egg, beat until combined. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, mix until smooth. Spoon 1/8-cup mounds of batter onto greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Allow to cool.
Filling: Beat together butter, confectioner’s sugar, marshmallow, and caramel in a bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Assemble: Spread two tablespoons frosting between cake tops and bottoms.