This is one of our favorite – but also one of the simplest and most gratifying ways to eat Fat Toad Farm Caramel!
Core 4 Macintosh or other baking apples.
Place in 8X8 baking pan.
Put a dollop of butter in cored center of each apple.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Pour Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Caramel in the center and drizzle on top.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick or serve with vanilla ice cream (or both!).
Recipe: Apple Hand Pies With Goat’s Milk Caramel Dipping Sauce
Makes 12 hand pies
Recipe inspired by Sarah Yates of A House In the Hills – discovered via one of my all-time favorite blogs: A Cup of Joe
For the pie crust:
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/3 cup + 3 tbsp. ice water
For the filling:
1 1/2 cups of peeled, cored and chopped baking apples – we used Macintosh
1 tsp. flour
1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cardamon
1 tbsp. sugar
8oz Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce – we used our favorite Original Caramel
Sprinkle of Fleur de Sel to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl combine apples, flour, lemon juice, sugar and spices. Mix and set aside.
In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, combine flour, salt and sugar to start creating your pie crust. Add butter to food processor and pulse until the flour is mixed, when you squeeze the mixture it should stick together. Add 1-2 tablespoons more butter if needed. Add ice water and pulse until dough is sticky enough to form into a ball.
Remove dough and place on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to flatten to 1/4″ thickness. Be careful to not over-handle the dough, roll only as much as needed, in one direction, to flatten it. Use a 3.5″ biscuit cutter to create 12 circles. Roll each circle a several times to further flatten to about 1/8″.
Scoop a spoonful of apple mixture onto each dough circle, fold over and press edges with a fork to seal. Cut three small slices in the top of each hand pie. Place pies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden on the edges. Let cool before serving. Dip in goat’s milk caramel and sprinkle with a dash of Fleur de Sel finishing sale for a savory kick. Enjoy!
One 9 inch pie crust (use your favorite homemade recipe or store-bought)
4 medium sized baking apples,(Empire, Rome or other), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup of your favorite Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel
1 egg, beaten 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions: Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll dough out into one large or two small rounds on a baking sheet. Toss together apples and caramel. Mound caramel and apples in the middle of the dough leaving a 1-inch border. Fold dough up and over apples, to enclose fruit and prevent caramel from seeping out. Brush edges of dough with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until apples are tender and crust is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
Take your favorite granola to the next level: add blueberries and top with a drizzle of goat’s milk caramel sauce. Yum!
Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt and Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce
2 ripe Peaches
Butter or Vegetable Oil
½ cup Greek Yogurt or Crème Fraiche
½ cup Fat Toad Farm Original Goat’s Milk Caramel
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Brush insides of peaches with melted butter or vegetable oil. Place pit side down on grill and let cook for 4-5 minutes or until peaches begin to soften and grill marks appear. Brush tops with butter or oil and flip. Cook for a few more minutes. Remove and fill insides with Greek yogurt or crème fraiche. Drizzle with caramel and serve warm!
To tea and cookies! Enjoy these classic madeleines dipped in rich, velvety caramel with a cup o’ tea this afternoon!
Makes 24 Madeleines
Adapted from the Kitchn
4 oz (1 stick), plus 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1 8 oz jar of your favorite flavor Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Set 3 tablespoons aside. Let the rest of the butter cool slightly.
2. Prepare dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. In a medium bowl, whisk together one cup of the flour and the sugar, and set aside. In another medium bowl, whisk the two eggs with the vanilla, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest until the eggs are frothy.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Add the eggs to the flour. Using a spatula, stir until just combined. Add the 4 ounces of melted butter and continue to stir. Do not over mix. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. To prepare pans, add the remaining tablespoon of flour to the 3 tablespoons reserved butter and stir to combine. Using a pastry brush, brush the interiors of the shells with the butter-flour mixture until well-coated. Fill each shell with 1 tablespoon of batter.
5. Place both pans on a baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes. Check after 8 minutes and rotate pans. When done, madeleines should be brown around the edges and puffy in the middle.
6. Allow madeleines to cool for a few minutes and remove from pan to a cooling rack. Drizzle with caramel and serve with a cup of tea and ENJOY!