This is one of our favorite – but also one of the simplest and most gratifying ways to eat Fat Toad Farm Caramel!
Core 4 Macintosh or other baking apples.
Place in 8X8 baking pan.
Put a dollop of butter in cored center of each apple.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Pour Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Caramel in the center and drizzle on top.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick or serve with vanilla ice cream (or both!).
1. To make sugar caramel mixture: Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring sugar water mixture to a boil, swirling pan occasionally without stirring (which prevents liquid from coloring unevenly) until liquid turns a dark amber color. Immediately divide liquid among 6 ramekins and swirl each ramekin to coat bottom and about halfway up the sides.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Put Fat Toad Farm Caramel and half-and-half in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring until smooth. Whisk together whole eggs and yolks in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in hot liquid. This is very important – do not talk to anyone about what pasture the goats are going to at this stage or your eggs will curdle! 🙂
3. Ladle or pour custard into ramekins.
4. Bake in a hot water bath that reaches half way up the ramekins until the edges are set but a small area in the center is still wobbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Remove ramekins from water and cool at least 30 minutes (custard will continue to set). Un-mold just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature
Create this beautiful fondue platter with some of your favorite summer bites!
Centerpiece = A couple jars of your favorite 2 oz jars of Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce.
Food for dipping = Dried apricots, marshmallows, salty pretzels, fresh strawberries, fresh mint, & dark chocolate!
To tea and cookies! Enjoy these classic madeleines dipped in rich, velvety caramel with a cup o’ tea this afternoon!
Makes 24 Madeleines
Adapted from the Kitchn
4 oz (1 stick), plus 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1 8 oz jar of your favorite flavor Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Set 3 tablespoons aside. Let the rest of the butter cool slightly.
2. Prepare dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. In a medium bowl, whisk together one cup of the flour and the sugar, and set aside. In another medium bowl, whisk the two eggs with the vanilla, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest until the eggs are frothy.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Add the eggs to the flour. Using a spatula, stir until just combined. Add the 4 ounces of melted butter and continue to stir. Do not over mix. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. To prepare pans, add the remaining tablespoon of flour to the 3 tablespoons reserved butter and stir to combine. Using a pastry brush, brush the interiors of the shells with the butter-flour mixture until well-coated. Fill each shell with 1 tablespoon of batter.
5. Place both pans on a baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes. Check after 8 minutes and rotate pans. When done, madeleines should be brown around the edges and puffy in the middle.
6. Allow madeleines to cool for a few minutes and remove from pan to a cooling rack. Drizzle with caramel and serve with a cup of tea and ENJOY!
Summer Caramel S’more
Servings: 20 or more
- 1 box of your favorite Graham Crackers (you could also make them yourself if you’re feeling really ambitious – check out Martha’s recipe HERE)
- 6 oz chocolate (We prefer bittersweet or at least dark chocolate to balance the sweetness)
- 4 oz Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel (We recommend our Original and Vanilla Bean flavors for s’more, but any of our delightful flavors will work beautifully here)
- 1 package marshmallows
Place chocolate on one half of a graham cracker and spread caramel on the other half. Toast your mallow, squish it between the two halves and EAT IT!
Make a platter full and serve for dessert at a potluck or barbecue! You can also put them on a baking tray and warm them before serving to melt the chocolate and marshmallows. ENJOY!
Caramel Banana Mission Almond Smoothie
1 Tbsp Fat Toad Farm Original Caramel
¼ cup Big Spoon Roasters Mission Almond Nut Butter
1 cup whole milk
1 ripe banana
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy!