We picked up these delicious sticky buns from our favorite local baker Red Hen Baking in Middlesex, Vermont. We brought them home and drizzled our goat’s milk caramel sauce on top with our new caramel squeeze bottle! This Easter stop by Red Hen or make your own sticky buns. Here is one of our favorite recipes!
Mix 1/2 Bailey’s Irish Cream and 1/2 Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel in a shot glass. Follow the photos below and have a good time! Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Total Time:35 min
For the batter:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the filling:
2 medium apples (chopped)
4 tbs Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Caramel
4 slices of Challah Bread
For the batter:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well until incorporated. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
For the filling:
Chop apples into bite sized cubes and mix together with Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large saute pan and then add butter. Dredge the bread in the batter and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool. Divide filling between 2 pieces of the bread top with the remaining 2 pieces of bread. Transfer French Toast to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Cut each French Toast in half and serve. Drizzle with more delicious Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce for some added love and sweetness!
Inspired by this Salted Caramel Molten Cake recipe from one of our fave food blogs,
A Cup of Jo Total time: 20 minutes
Makes four, 8oz ramekins
For the Caramel:
4-oz (half jar) of your favorite flavor of Fat Toad Farm’s Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce (we used Salted Bourbon for an extra pinch of savory flavor)
For the Cakes:
2/3 cup (100 g.) bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
1/4 cup (55 g.) unsalted butter
3 tbsp. (30 g.) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup (65 g.) granulated sugar
For the ramekins: 2 tbsp. softened butter and 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
Optional: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to accompany
- Butter four, 8-oz ramekins and dust with the cocoa powder, shaking out any excess. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate and butter together on low, stirring until just melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour and salt until smooth.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat using an electric whisk whilst gradually adding the sugar until pale. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold together using a rubber spatula. Divide the mixture between the ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to 5 hours, if making in advance).
- Ten minutes before you’re ready to bake the cakes, preheat your oven to 350 F. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the cooled goat’s milk caramel into the center of each ramekin and push it down gently into the cake mixture. Place the ramekins onto a small baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cakes with a knife and turn out onto individual plates, or enjoy straight from the dish! Serve immediately with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with our special caramel gift set
Need something easy, unique, delicious, and just a little bit boozy to bring to New Year’s festivities this week? Here’s your answer, with our new version of the Bailey’s:
Homemade Caramel Irish Cream Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1/2 gallon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups Irish whiskey
- 8 oz (1 jar) Original Goat’s Milk Caramel
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Bring to your holiday gathering and serve over ice or on its own.
Cheers & Happy New Year!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Directions: Combine caramel & milk in a saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly until just mixed, 1-2 minutes. Mixture should be just lightly warmed but if it’s hot allow to cool to room temperature before next step.
- Beat yolks in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add milk & caramel mixture and beat until it starts to thicken. Whisk in rum and vanilla extract. Pour into a large punch bowl and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Fold in whip cream before serving. Garnish with freshly ground nutmeg. Serve and enjoy!