Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens 2012
Prep: 30 minutes Cool: 15 minutes
Chill: 2 hours Bake: 15 minutes
Stand: 10 minutes Oven: 375 F
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter
¾ cup semisweet chocolate pieces
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 8oz jar of Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel sauce
Coffee or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Generously butter eight 6 ounce ramekins or custard cups. For filling, over a double boiler (heat safe bowl over steaming water) combine 1 cup chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until mixture reaches a fudge-like consistency.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a double boiler combine ¾ cup chocolate pieces and ½ cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in flour and slightly cooled chocolate-butter mixture. Spoon enough batter into each ramekin to measure 1 inch in depth.
- Divide chilled filling into 8 portions. Working quickly, use your hands to roll each portion into a ball. Use your thumb to make a shallow indent. Place a ball of filling on top of the batter in each ramekin; do not allow filling to touch sides of ramekins. Spoon a tsp of caramel into indent. Spoon the remaining batter into ramekins, spreading over balls of filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from sides of ramekins. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Drizzle with Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel. If desired, serve with small scoops of ice cream. Makes 8 individual cakes.