PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 13 mins
TOTAL TIME: 23 mins
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 oz Vegetable Shortening
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbs Fleur De Sel Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, vegetable shortening and white and brown sugar until fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl down. Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat until combined. Add ¼ cup Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce and beat until the cookie dough is a beautiful light brown color, scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add the Flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, then beat until it is all incorporated.
- Now, with a wooden spoon (I’ve heard it’s very important to use a wooden spoon for this step) stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a spoon scoop up 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and form a ball with hands, flatten a little and press thumb in the middle to create a little well, lay on parchment paper covered baking sheet. With a spoon drizzle a little (about ¼ tsp each) caramel sauce into the well on the cookie. Place cookies a good inch apart as they will spread out. I got 3 cookies to a row-and 4 rows, for a total of 12 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle each cookie with a little Fleur De Sel, let sit for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack, allow to cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Note-doesn’t serve 30, it makes about 30 large cookies and everyone I’ve given them to eats more than 1