Check out Sydney’s other beautiful photos and mouthwatering recipe: http://crepesofwrath.net/2013/10/21/pumpkin-caramel-swirl-cookies/ or check out the full recipe below. You can also follow Sydney on twitter @CrepesofWrath
Pumpkin Caramel Swirl Cookie Recipe
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping or dulce de leche
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper (or grease them with non-stick spray). I do recommend parchment paper, though – it is the world’s gift to baking.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat together your sugar and butter until well combined, about 1 minute. Add in the eggs, one at a time, until fully combined, then add in the pumpkin and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda (I know it seems like a lot – trust me), cinnamon and salt. Add it to the pumpkin mixture, a bit at a time, until completely combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and be sure everything is even, then pour in half of your caramel and lightly fold it in. Add in the other half of the caramel and lightly fold it in.
- Scoop 1½-tablespoon sized dollops of dough onto your baking sheets, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, and bake for 11-13 minutes, until set but not golden. Allow to cool before removing from the sheets, and continue with the remaining dough. Wait until they are completely cooled and have been out for at least a few hours before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.