Ok, so every year we work together to create a food gift for all our neighbors and many of our friends and family. This year we’re excited to be making lots of batches of caramel popcorn. Carrie Lipps, an intern at the farm came up with this awesome recipe. Find some cute jars to put the popcorn in and decorate with your favorite ribbons and cards!
FTF Goat’s Milk Caramel Popcorn
This recipe makes approximately 3-4 quarts of deliciously crunchy caramel popcorn and makes a great holiday gift!
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cups popcorn kernels
1 8oz jar of your favorite flavor of FTF caramel
Heavy-bottomed pot with lid
Baking pan lined with parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Add the oil to the heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
3. Add 3 kernels of popcorn.
4. When one or more of the kernels pops, add remaining kernels and cover pot with lid.
5. Gently shake or tilt pot over the heat to keep kernels moving so they don’t burn.
6. After a few minutes you will start to hear lots of popping sounds. Keep shaking the pot until most kernels have popped and popping sounds have slowed or stopped. Do not remove the lid unless you want a room full of popcorn!
7. Turn off heat, keep lid on and continue to shake for a few seconds as the last few straggling kernels pop.
8. Transfer popcorn to another bowl and sprinkle with salt to taste, if desired.
9. While the pot is still warm, pour half a jar of caramel into the pot, add half of the popcorn and stir to coat. Add more popcorn and more caramel until all popcorn is evenly covered.
10. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
11. Spread caramel-popcorn mixture on parchment paper with a spatula, breaking up clumps to promote even drying in the oven which will result in a deliciously crunchy finished product!
12. Bake popcorn for 40 min, stirring twice.
13. Remove pan from oven, allow popcorn to cool as long as you can stand it, then enjoy!