- Fixin’s for your favorite brownie recipe
- One 8oz jar of cold Fat Toad Farm Salted Bourbon Caramel sauce (available mid- September 2012!)
- Gather ingredients for a double batch of your favorite brownie recipe – we love Martha Stewart’s Ultimate Brownies – yummo! If you’re really in a rush (aka “Ma! I need to bring brownies into school tomorrow morning!”) you can also use a couple of boxes of store bought brownie mix – we won’t tell.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter in the bottom of a greased baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until reasonably solid – you should be able to spread caramel sauce evenly on top of the brownie later.
- Remove from oven and spread caramel evenly on top of the bottom brownie layer. Pour remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel layer – the more evenly you can pour the batter over caramel on the first shot the better, the more you need to spread the brownie batter the more likely it is to get mixed up with the caramel layer – which is totally fine but not quite as perfectly pretty. 🙂
- Return to the oven and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and devouring.