By Katie Sullivan
Seventy-five baby goats down – 20 more kiddings to go! With all the interrupted sleep, coffee and hustle and bustle, we don’t have much cognitive power left for the hard part: naming future herd members! That’s where YOU, our loyal fans come in.
We want to take it to the audience: Help us name these two cuties!
Comment on this post, send us an email, a letter, a carrier pidgeon (we’d be totally impressed by a pidgeon) with your name and a suggested name for each kid (be sure to note which goat’s kid you’re naming), and we’ll pick the one we like best and send each winner their favorite flavor of 8oz caramel!
- We almost always pick names that somehow relate to the mother’s name, for at-a-glance herd management. Let “Tinsel” and “Rhoda” be your muses!
- We love humorous names – for example last year we named Rhoda’s baby Tiller – but it has to be appropriate – something we can shout across the barnyard in front of visitors with small children.
- Nametag friendly: “Grondag: Destroyer of Planets” is a great name, but we can only get 8 characters on the little yellow nametag.
- We’ll have to eliminate names that already belong to a current herd member, for sanity’s sake.
- One entry per person, please.
Deadline: March 16th
Thanks so much for your help!
-Katie and the (tired) Fat Toad Farm Crew