My husband Tim helped, but mostly it was just me, stuffing my face. This was my first attempt at caramel popcorn using our own Goat’s Milk Caramel and OHMYGOODNESS do we have a winner. It’s fantastic! I can’t believe I have only just discovered this delicious snack! (It’s probably really a dessert, but considering how much I just ate – it makes me feel better about myself to think of it as a snack.)
Anyway, here’s the final product and my super simple recipe for Fat Toad Farm Caramel Popcorn:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Original Fat Toad Farm Caramel (depending on whether you want a border-line snack or undeniable dessert)
- Heat olive oil or butter in a cooking pot over medium heat until warm, add popcorn kernels and cover
- As soon as the first kernels start to pop, continuously shake the pot (with the top on!) over the burner until all the the kernels have popped. (If you keep in movin’ it won’t burn as easily.) Remove from heat.
- Pour caramel over popcorn when it’s still warm and mix, mix, mix.
p.s. Why yes, that IS an empty quart jar of caramel you see there in the background – 32 delicious ounces in my belly. Go quart or go home, baby. That’s what I say.