- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ + 1-2 Tablespoons Fat Toad Farm Coffee Bean Caramel
- ½ cup sugar
- 8oz Mascarpone cheese
- ¾ Cup heavy cream
- ½ cup coffee liqueur, or strong coffee or espresso
- 2 pkg ladyfingers
- chocolate shavings or 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Beat together yolks and ½ cup sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Then heat mixture in a double boiler over boiling water, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Cool slightly, then mix in mascarpone and ¼ cup caramel.
- Whip cream, then fold into cheese-egg-caramel mixture.
- Brush ladyfingers with coffee or coffee liqueur. Place a layer of ladyfingers in a 2 quart casserole dish or decorative dessert dish. Line the sides of the dish with ladyfingers as well.
- Use half of the cheese/cream mixture to cover the bottom layer of ladyfingers, then add a second layer of ladyfingers and top with the second half of the cheese/cream mixture.
- Top with cocoa power or chocolate shavings, and 1-2 tablespoons of caramel.
Chill for 2 hours before serving.