Sunday is Market Day & Dinner on the lawn at Ariel’s Restaurant
This much we know:
- Farmers carry their best product to market and summer’s beauty crescendos!
- Step foot in Brookfield and you experience quintessential qualities of a village
- Dine at Ariel’s Restaurant and you’ll be delighted
- Contribute to the development of a cooperative of local farms and businesses and the preservation of the Brookfield Old Town Hall – and you’ll feel good!
What you will have to discover!
- Which of your favorite fresh foods are now available?
- Can you complete your holiday shopping because the auction and market are so tempting?
- How spectacular will the farm fresh food be now that our talented chef has a new tool/toy to inspire?
- How much warmth a wood-fired oven meal can add to a community?
Join us on Sunday, August 21st for a fabulous day of delicious local food in Brookfield’s historic Pond Village
1-4pm Farmers Market at Brookfield’s Old Town Hall
Over a dozen Co-op members will have the freshest produce, meats, eggs, and treats — don’t forget the syrup and caramel – perfect with Turkey Hill Farm’s new yogurt!
Meet the farmers, pick up delicious farm fresh food and learn about farm experiences.
4-7pm Dinner and Live Music, Lakeside on the back lawn at Ariel’s Restaurant
A buffet dinner made entirely from ingredients raised by Floating Bridge Food and Farms Cooperative members will be crafted by Lee Duberman using her new wood-fired clay oven. The meats are all pasture-raised, sustainably. The vegetables fresh from our fields. The cooking talent, award winning.
Live music lakeside will be courtesy of: Patti Casey, Susan Reid and Beth Telford
- Wood Fired Oven Roasted Chicken
- Wood Fired Oven Roasted Porchetta (Pork tenderloin wrapped in Pork Belly)
- Wood Fired Ove Roasted Ratatouille with Ricotta Salata
- Potato and Green Bean Salad with lemon Basil Vinagrette
- Salad of Kale and Swiss Chard
- Wood Fired Oven Pizzas: including
Bacon, onion & italian sausage
Spinach, tomato, roasted garlic and ricotta cheese
Tomato, basil and goat cheese
Classic Margherita and Margherita with sausage
And yes, Dessert is included:
- Mixed Berry and Granola Crisp
- Yogurt and Ricotta Cheese with Honey & Goat Caramel
- Assorted cookies
The Dinner buffet is: $20/person; $8 for kids 6-12
Pizza slices will also be available for $3/slice
Wine, Beer and soda will be available for purchase from Ariel’s Restaurant.
Guarantee your spot at the picnic diner with a reservation – call Ariel’s at: 802-276-3939
1-7pm Silent Auction at the Old Town Hall
Great items from the Floating Bridge Food and Farms members including Sleigh Rides, Overnight stays, classes, honey, candles, gift boxes, even Christmas Tree (certificate) and Lattés on the Hoof!