Goat Cheese in Salads:
Use your imagination. Goat cheese works with any number of fruits, greens, nuts, beans, and vegetables. Here are a few ideas. We recommend a mild vinaigrette for most of these.
- Seed and cube a cantaloupe and combine with a hand full of fresh mint leaves, and a cup of cooked, shredded chicken. Dot with goat cheese.
- Toss triangles of salami or summer sausage with spinach, black olives and goat cheese.
- Steam a pound of trimmed green beans and toss with strips of roasted red pepper, cherry tomatoes and a handful of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- Combine 10 oz fresh, washed spinach with ½ cup craisins and 1 cup toasted walnuts, a little sliced red onion and goat cheese.
- Trim wash and roast a bunch of asparagus (350/10 minutes, olive oiled cookie sheet) chill, toss with pitted, chopped olives, diced sweet red peppers and goat cheese.
- Trim and slice 2 bulbs fennel, reserving some of the feathery greens. Wash and shred ½ a head of radicchio. Peel and section one orange, arrange on a platter and scatter walnuts, olives and goat cheese over all.
- Slice one head red cabbage, salt and let stand one hour. Drain and rinse, toss with 1 bunch minced scallions, 1 grated carrot, 1 cup toasted walnuts and top with goat cheese dressing.