Total Time:35 min
For the batter:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the filling:
2 medium apples (chopped)
4 tbs Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Caramel
4 slices of Challah Bread
For the batter:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well until incorporated. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
For the filling:
Chop apples into bite sized cubes and mix together with Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large saute pan and then add butter. Dredge the bread in the batter and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool. Divide filling between 2 pieces of the bread top with the remaining 2 pieces of bread. Transfer French Toast to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Cut each French Toast in half and serve. Drizzle with more delicious Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce for some added love and sweetness!
Need something easy, unique, delicious, and just a little bit boozy to bring to Christmas festivities? Here’s your answer, with our new version of the Bailey’s:
Homemade Caramel Irish Cream Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1/2 gallon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups Irish whiskey
- 8 oz (1 jar) Original Goat’s Milk Caramel
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Bring to your holiday gathering and serve over ice or on its own.
Cheers & Happy Holidays!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Directions: Combine caramel & milk in a saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly until just mixed, 1-2 minutes. Mixture should be just lightly warmed but if it’s hot allow to cool to room temperature before next step.
- Beat yolks in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add milk & caramel mixture and beat until it starts to thicken. Whisk in rum and vanilla extract. Pour into a large punch bowl and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Fold in whip cream before serving. Garnish with freshly ground nutmeg. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Inspired by This Original Recipe from the fabulous Half Baked Harvest food blog
Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 16-18 gooey & delicious Caramel Coffee Rolls
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup warm goat milk (you can also use whole milk or eggnog if you want to be really festive!)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (I needed to add another 1/2 cup of flour to get the right consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), very, very soft (I like to place mine in the microwave for 15 seconds until extremely softened)
- To make the dough. Place yeast and sugar into a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Add the warm water and gently stir. Let sit until yeast has doubled and is puffed and foamy on top, about 10 minutes.
- To the bowl add the melted butter, warm goat milk, greek yogurt, and egg, stir to combine. Add in the flour, salt, and vanilla extract. Knead the dough with the dough hook until the dough is smooth and forms a ball, about 5 minutes. Remove the dough from the bowl and oil the boil or use cooking spray. Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm area for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the filling. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well. Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter.
- Lightly dust a surface with flour. Roll the dough into a rectangle (about 9×24 inches). Spread about 6 tablespoons of the butter (softened almost to a melted stage) evenly over the dough. Spread the brown sugar + cinnamon evenly over the butter and lightly push the brown sugar into the butter. Starting with the long edge closest to you, pull the edge up and over the filling and carefully roll the dough into a log, keeping it fairly tight as you go. When you reach the edge, pinch along the edge to seal. Place the dental floss (do it!! It works so well!) under the roll where you want to cut – roughly 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Take the ends of the floss in each hand and wrap them around the roll. Keeping the ends of the floss in each hand, don’t let go and then tighten the floss so it starts to cut through the roll. Again, don’t change hands. Tighten until the floss comes out and the individual roll is separated. Confused? Check out the original recipe from Half Baked Harvest for fabulous step-by-step photo directions HERE.
- Place rolls in the prepared pan. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Just before baking brush the remaining butter on top of the rolls. Bake the rolls for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Drizzle with (drown in?) Fat Toad Farm’s Cold Brew Coffee Goat Milk Caramel Sauce (or your favorite flavor – any of our caramel sauces will be excellent substitutes), serve warm and enjoy!
1 round or wedge of your favorite Brie or Camembert cheese
1 sheet or 1/2 package thawed puff pastry
4 oz of your favorite flavor of Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel (cajeta)
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place cheese in the middle of puff pastry and create a small indent in top of the cheese with a spoon. Fill indent with caramel, then bundle puff pastry up and around cheese. Lightly brush pastry with egg mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite crackers or French bread. Enjoy!
This is one of our favorite – but also one of the simplest and most gratifying ways to eat Fat Toad Farm Caramel!
Core 4 Macintosh or other baking apples.
Place in 8X8 baking pan.
Put a dollop of butter in cored center of each apple.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Pour Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Caramel in the center and drizzle on top.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick or serve with vanilla ice cream (or both!).