Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 16-18 gooey & delicious Caramel Coffee Rolls
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup warm goat milk (you can also use whole milk or eggnog if you want to be really festive!)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (I needed to add another 1/2 cup of flour to get the right consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), very, very soft (I like to place mine in the microwave for 15 seconds until extremely softened)
- 1 jar (8oz) Cold Brew Coffee Goat’s Milk Caramel from Fat Toad Farm (Click HERE to buy now)
- To make the dough. Place yeast and sugar into a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Add the warm water and gently stir. Let sit until yeast has doubled and is puffed and foamy on top, about 10 minutes.
- To the bowl add the melted butter, warm goat milk, greek yogurt, and egg, stir to combine. Add in the flour, salt, and vanilla extract. Knead the dough with the dough hook until the dough is smooth and forms a ball, about 5 minutes. Remove the dough from the bowl and oil the boil or use cooking spray. Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm area for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the filling. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well. Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter.
- Lightly dust a surface with flour. Roll the dough into a rectangle (about 9×24 inches). Spread about 6 tablespoons of the butter (softened almost to a melted stage) evenly over the dough. Spread the brown sugar + cinnamon evenly over the butter and lightly push the brown sugar into the butter. Starting with the long edge closest to you, pull the edge up and over the filling and carefully roll the dough into a log, keeping it fairly tight as you go. When you reach the edge, pinch along the edge to seal. Place the dental floss (do it!! It works so well!) under the roll where you want to cut – roughly 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Take the ends of the floss in each hand and wrap them around the roll. Keeping the ends of the floss in each hand, don’t let go and then tighten the floss so it starts to cut through the roll. Again, don’t change hands. Tighten until the floss comes out and the individual roll is separated. Confused? Check out the original recipe from Half Baked Harvest for fabulous step-by-step photo directions HERE.
- Place rolls in the prepared pan. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Just before baking brush the remaining butter on top of the rolls. Bake the rolls for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Drizzle with (drown in?) Fat Toad Farm’s Cold Brew Coffee Goat Milk Caramel Sauce (or your favorite flavor – any of our caramel sauces will be excellent substitutes), serve warm and enjoy!
Salted Bourbon Caramel Almonds
1 lb of whole roasted almonds (unsalted)
1 8 oz jar of Fat Toad Farm Salted Bourbon Caramel (or your favorite flavor!)
1 Tablespoon of sea salt
Preheat oven to 325. In a medium bowl, use a spoon to mix a little over half of the jar of caramel (or 4 oz) in with the almonds until they are evenly covered. Sprinkle in the salt while mixing. Spread almonds evenly on parchment paper and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes. Watch closely so that the caramel gets crispy but does not burn. Let cool and remove from parchment paper. Serve with a Fat Toad Farm pint glass full of cold beer and enjoy some football!
Don’t have any caramel on hand? Find it at a store near you!
The perfect gift for that sweet and spicy person in your life! Enjoy an 8oz jar of our Vanilla Bean Caramel (Spicy Dark Chocolate Caramel SOLD OUT) along with 2oz jars of our Cinnamon and Vanilla Bean Caramel in a kraft gift box wrapped with an elegant white sleeve boasting our trusty Fat Toad logo and a hand stamped cupid’s arrow.
Fat Toad Farm’s velvety goat’s milk caramel sauces (the traditional Mexican confection known as Cajeta) combine creamy caramel richness with the subtle tang of goat’s milk to create an utterly unique, not-too-sweet dessert sauce perfectly paired with ice cream, fruit, chocolate, and cheeses.