To tea and cookies! Enjoy these classic madeleines dipped in rich, velvety caramel with a cup o’ tea this rainy afternoon!
Makes 24 Madeleines
Adapted from the Kitchn
4 oz (1 stick), plus 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1 8 oz jar of your favorite flavor Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Set 3 tablespoons aside. Let the rest of the butter cool slightly.
2. Prepare dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. In a medium bowl, whisk together one cup of the flour and the sugar, and set aside. In another medium bowl, whisk the two eggs with the vanilla, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest until the eggs are frothy.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Add the eggs to the flour. Using a spatula, stir until just combined. Add the 4 ounces of melted butter and continue to stir. Do not over mix. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. To prepare pans, add the remaining tablespoon of flour to the 3 tablespoons reserved butter and stir to combine. Using a pastry brush, brush the interiors of the shells with the butter-flour mixture until well-coated. Fill each shell with 1 tablespoon of batter.
5. Place both pans on a baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes. Check after 8 minutes and rotate pans. When done, madeleines should be brown around the edges and puffy in the middle.
6. Allow madeleines to cool for a few minutes and remove from pan to a cooling rack. Drizzle with caramel and serve with a cup of tea and ENJOY!
We had a great several day visit from the ever-entertaining and positive Fedex crew this spring who put together this short clip about our farm and the goat’s milk caramel that we have become known for over the years. We were SSOO excited to receive the Fedex Small Business grant out of 5,000 businesses across the nation! Have fun watching this video to see how our caramel is made and of course catch some goat cameos! Watch here!
PHEW! We made it! The Fat Toad Farm crew survived another wild ride through the summer Fancy Food Show in NYC. …and after two full weeks of mental and physical distance, I think I finally ready to talk about it. ;) Despite the heat, the city traffic, and all the tiny dogs, I think we put in a good showing and our booth looked fabulous. (If I do say so myself!)
Nourished by iced coffee and apple walnut muffins from Magnolia Bakery – which was mercifully located 1/2 block away from our apartment – we spent three days in our beautiful booth catch up with some of our favorite goat’s milk caramel customers and converting strangers into new friends and fans.
Our New Cold Brew Coffee Caramel was particularly convincing partner in our effort to win over new caramel lovers. Made with Stumptown Coffee Roasters’ Cold Brew, this caramel’s smooth texture, subtly sweet tang, and bewitchingly delicate coffee finish, will remind you of your favorite coffee ice cream – only better. You can buy it HERE now.
As much as we enjoyed the bagels, the dim sum, and the , we are country girls at heart, and breathed a collective sigh of relief when we hit Brattleboro late Tuesday night. Ahhhhhh. Home sweet home.
There’s no place like Vermont.
Peace out FFS. Until next year.
…and you haven’t had a real s’more until you’ve had a s’more with Taza Chocolate drizzled with goat’s milk caramel.
S’mores are without a doubt on of my favorite parts about summer in Vermont. Evening bonfires, marshmallows toasted to a lovely golden brown, melty chocolate, crispy grahams, and of course our s’more are not complete without CARAMEL! Gimme. Gimme. Gimme.
Love caramel? Love coffee?
Yes? Well then, grab a spoon, friend, because THIS
is the caramel you’ve been dreaming of.
To our mouth-watering Original Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce (made with fresh, sweet milk from our own herd of beloved dairy goats and hand-stirred to perfection over the course of 5 hours in traditional copper kettles) we’ve added the ultimate Cold Brew Coffee
lovingly crafted by Portland’s own Stumptown Coffee Roasters
What makes this cold brew AMAZING? According to Stumptown: Over 12 hours of steeping and a double filtration process resulting in “a complex, smooth and sweet, full-bodied brew with bright juiciness, low acidity and a long chocolate finish.”
Like, a wink and a smile, our velvety caramel and Stumptown’s refreshing cold brew simply GO TOGETHER. …deliciously.
Our Cold Brew Coffee Caramel
, with its smooth texture, subtly sweet tang, and bewitchingly delicate coffee finish, will remind you of your favorite coffee ice cream – only better. Before you know it you’ll be trying to figure out how to destroy the spoon-and-empty-jar evidence of your new love affair. (“It was the dog.”)
How have we been using this tasty stuff? On ice cream, obviously.
Many more recipe ideas to follow – stay tuned!
You already know
I’m in the fast lane
On my way to the Fancy Food Show
(Our goat’s love them some Iggy Azalea)
Countdown to the Fancy Food Show in NYC is ON. Hope to see some of you there! Fat Toad Farm will be rockin’ out in booth #5023 in the Vermont Section.