We’ve giving up waiting for real summer-like weather – the grill demands to be fired up – even in the pouring rain. Luckily, we have a HOT new Cinnamon Caramel and Chili BBQ sauce recipe to provide the heat this cold Vermont spring is to desperately lacking. Try it out and let us know what you think! So far we’ve tested it on chicken and pork with extra tasty results. Enjoy!
½ large onion, chopped
½ head garlic, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 heaping tsp sweet or smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp red chili flakes or cayenne
½ can (3 oz.) tomato paste
½ cup ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar (or to taste)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Caramel
1. In small saucepan, sauté onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and spices in oil.
2. Add tomato paste, ketchup, vinegars, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Take off heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
4. While still warm, stir in caramel.
5. Fire up the grill. We enjoy this bbq sauce on ribs, chicken, or pizza