- 15 ounce pumpkin (1 can) – make sure you’re using pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling!
- 8 oz Fat Toad Farm Caramel – we recommend Salted Bourbon or Original
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream to garnish
- 1 9” pie crust
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Mix up a batch of your favorite pie crust dough, enough to cover a 9” pie pan. Our favorite crust recipes come from King Arthur Flour.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, Fat Toad Farm Caramel and eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust. Spread evenly and gently tap to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center is clean when removed. Allow pie to cool before serving with fresh whipped cream.